menu close
in this section

At The Elms, the well-being of our students and staff is of the highest priority.

As we are part of Trent College which is an independent boarding school, we have students on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week therefore we have considerable measures in place to ensure the welfare of our students is fully cared for.

With the extensive security staff on call, the approachable friendly staff that live and work on site and our onsite medical centre, we are sure that all of our children get the care and security they need to flourish.

We regularly check all equipment and facilities to ensure they are maintained to a high standard and have a great team of staff on site to ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed.

School Campus

The Elms School and Nursery is situated in the grounds of Trent College, which occupies one large enclosed school site encompassing all of our school facilities. Everything from classrooms to sports pitches and Chapel to Boarding Houses, is set within our 45 acre grounds, enabling us to offer students massive benefits in terms of safety and offering a secure, stable and pleasant environment.

Health and Safety

Our pupils partake in a wide range of extra-curricular activities both on and off the school site so all teaching staff  are trained to deal with hazardous and non-hazardous trip situations. We also have a specialist Educational Visit Coordinator who is responsible for risk assessing each trip.

We have annual health and safety checks at the school and the general health and safety of our students and members of staff is overseen by two NEBOSH trained members of staff. In school we have a number of mini buses which we use to take pupils off site; staff are thoroughly trained in driving them and the mini buses themselves undergo a weekly check.  We have a well-equipped on-site Medical Centre with a Sister and nurses available to all pupils, during term time.

in this section

get in contact

The Elms, Junior School to Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire,
NG10 4AD, United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4942

contact us